[tor-relays] Running a New Relay

Sebastian Urbach sebastian at urbach.org
Sat Dec 6 18:32:31 UTC 2014

On December 6, 2014 6:15:20 PM Abhiram Chintangal
<abhiram.chintangal at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

> About two days ago, I started running my first tor relay using a digital
> ocean vps instance.

Welcome and i hope you are going to stay for a long time.

> Currently, my relay[2] whose up-time is roughly 2 days 18 hours doesn't
> have any active circuits ( via tor-arm). Since its in the unmeasured phase(
> days 0-3) shouldn't it be making circuits back to itself?  I believe the
> number that was mentioned in the article was four.

This is part of "the first contact" so to say and triggers the passive
measuring. It is not permanent.
--
Sincerely yours / Sincères salutations

Sebastian Urbach

Definition of Tor:
10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated
power of will, 5% pleasure, 50% pain and
100% reason to remember the name!