[tor-relays] Running a New Relay

Abhiram Chintangal abhiram.chintangal at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 17:14:26 UTC 2014

Hello,

About two days ago, I started running my first tor relay using a digital
ocean vps instance. Yesterday, I found this nice article[1] about the
life-cycle of a tor relay. It was a great read and I think I understanding
of how tor works has improved quite a bit.

Currently, my relay[2] whose up-time is roughly 2 days 18 hours doesn't
have any active circuits ( via tor-arm). Since its in the unmeasured phase(
days 0-3) shouldn't it be making circuits back to itself?  I believe the
number that was mentioned in the article was four.

I apologize if my question seems silly.

Thanks!
--
Abhiram Chintangal

I guess we agree with reason, but now it's a matter of disposition

[1]https://blog.torproject.org/blog/lifecycle-of-a-new-relay
[2]:
https://atlas.thecthulhu.com/#details/0D63999A202B34EF1CD9669BC45B0A697D9BF203