[tor-relays] OnionTip.com distributes Bitcoin donations to all BTC addresses set in ContactInfo

ban at unseen.is ban at unseen.is
Wed Aug 13 21:24:34 UTC 2014

After just a few days the tor nodes containing a bitcoin address in
their ContactInfo more than doubled, right now there are 205 nodes in
the list which represend more than 8% of the consensus. Now about 180
US$ have been donated.

Imagine the amount donated to the noisetor bitcoin address [1] would be
distributed in this fair and transparent way to many tor relay operators
via OnionTip.com!

Is it already discussed by organisations like torservers.net or noisetor
or even torproject directly to use this fair and easy mechanism to
compensate relay operators? What about other founders wanting to finance
Tor relays?

[1] https://blockchain.info/address/1PFH8NPWu2g6TdRQsirTPGpbnPBhkzQMvM