[tor-relays] tor-relays Digest, Vol 43, Issue 15

Spencer Rhodes spencer at rhodespa.com
Wed Aug 13 19:21:36 UTC 2014

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the quick reply. The servers did not show because I had commented out the Nickname line in /etc/tor/torrc after seeing a notice in arm that it was redundant (presumably because it is identical to the hostname). Apparently, not redundant after all as it is necessary for proper listing on the torstatus servers…

So, I browsed to your suggested URL and verified that for my server which does show the Directory flags, it returns a bunch of data: http://99.28.48.185/tor/status-vote/current/consensus, but for the server which is now lacking the flags, nothing is returned: http://80.240.141.246/tor/status-vote/current/consensus.

As far as I know, these servers are identically configured apart from the nicknames, fingerprints, and bandwidth. And as I said, initially both servers showed Directory flags. I am running on Debian, and so tried "service for restart” without effect. Hate to have to reinstall to get Directory services up again…

Best regards,
Spencer