[tor-relays] Directory Server Issue

Matthew Finkel matthew.finkel at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 16:08:58 UTC 2014

On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 10:32:45AM -0400, Spencer Rhodes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a server (triratna) which I recently put up, which operates on ports 80 and 443, and which initially showed a Directory Server flag. After several days of operation, however, the directory flag disappeared from both the torstatus listing and from the arm display on the console.
>
> I would like to know if there is a way to verify that directory services are in fact working, and if so, determine why the server is not flagged properly. I found some old postings to the effect that one could browse to server://tor or server://tor/status/all, but this does not seem to be true any more.

Hi Spencer,

This should still work. Try using
http://<ip address>:<DirPort>/tor/status-vote/current/consensus
to fetch the current consensus. You can also fetch individual relay
descriptors using a similar URI.

If you provide your relay fingerprint someone may be able to help
further. I tried looking up the name you gave, but I couldn't find
it in either Globe[0] nor Atlas[1].

Thanks for running a relay!

- Matt

[0] https://globe.torproject.org/#/search/query=triratna