[tor-relays] Exit Nodes under DDoS attacks

Julien ROBIN julien.robin28 at free.fr
Mon Aug 4 13:45:11 UTC 2014

Hello,

With my 2 servers at Digicube it's pretty often (every month ?)

The ISP's protection system is often disconnecting the server for the network because of this.
Sometimes it's just false detection (or packets sended by a Tor user), invisible on bandwidth graphs but causing the network going offline.

So it's disconnected serveral times per month (each time it happens, I send them an email and the server is reconnected).
Because I'm not annoying at all with them, they aren't annoying with me.

The user interface that provides a way to change reverse DNS doesn't work anymore for my second server (digi00666.digicube.fr - 2x 15MB/s), it have much more DDoS problems that the other one (with customised reverse DNS - 2x 12.5MB/s).

Once, at Online.net, a DDoS attack (high amount of packet incoming) made my server send back a lot of answers. It was banned several days for sending flood!

But as Tor Relay Operators we are strong and combatives ;)