[tor-relays] Running an AWS bridge on eu-west-1?

tor-question at puti.de tor-question at puti.de
Mon Aug 4 13:07:21 UTC 2014

Hello there...

> You can run the bridge wherever you like, you can change region like
> so: [...]
>
> There isn't any difference from that point on

Thanks for the speedy reply!
Excellent, I was worried the images were tailor-made to fit the
Virginia server only.

I looked over the page you gave me and found the following line,
which made me wonder:
"[...] you might want to launch instances in Europe to be closer to
your European customers or to meet legal requirements."

Is there any location suited better than another for running the
bridge? Like if amazon was forced to give away connection logs to
the bridge to some authority, exposing whoever was in need of a
bridge in the first place?
Does it even make a difference? For all I know amazon might either
have the same "negative" privacy standards everywhere or (which
would be positive) does not log connections to the bridge/my "cloud
thing" at all.

As you may have guessed, my knowledge about this is minimal; it is
just an intriguing concept for me to help someone reach Tor/the
Internet in general from countries where censorship and and
misinformation rule.

Thanks again!