[tor-relays] SSH scans from Tor exit

I beatthebastards at inbox.com
Tue Apr 29 05:17:12 UTC 2014

Mike,

Yes but the goal is to have more relays, exits and bridges and if commercial server operators are very low on spine we have to keep them onside carefully.

I have just been kicked of another one after paying a year in advance.
If we have no authoritative retort when they raise the first 'abuse' most of them take the lazy course and bar Tor.\
When I have said the restricted port list can be added and it has proved to be successful some have given me another chance.
If SSH is open and their server is being used to attack others of course they will react defensively.
So any advice to be proactive and increase the chance of one part of the Tor system surviving is advice I want to hear.

Robert