[tor-relays] NHS UK blocking Tor?

Chris Whittleston csw34 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Apr 15 00:03:42 UTC 2014

Right - so this seems to confirm that they are indeed blocking Tor - and
not just exits - I'm running a middle relay.

I've contacted them via a web form asking why they block all Tor relay IPs.
Tips on what I should tell then if/when they get back to me tomorrow? Was
currently planning on at least explaining the difference between middle and
exit relays.

Chris

On 15 April 2014 00:50, Pepijn Le Heux <pepijn at leheux.com> wrote:

> On 15 apr. 2014, at 00:50, Scott Bennett <bennett at sdf.org> wrote:
>
> > Chris Whittleston <csw34 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> >
> >> Can someone else running a relay from their home connection confirm that
> >> they get an 'Access denied' error from http://www.nhs.uk? I've checked
> with
> >> someone using the same ISP in the flat above me and they seem able to
> >> access the site just fine, as can I via mobile internet so I'm down to
> >> suspecting that they are blocking all Tor relay IPs. This is the exact
> >> error I get:
> >> Access DeniedYou don't have permission to access "http://www.nhs.uk/"
> on
> >> this server.
> >>
> >> Reference #18.1f7f1002.1397514736.1fe2170c
> >> The reference seems to change each time I visit. If this does turn out
> >> be them blocking Tor - advice on how to approach contacting them to
> resolve
> >> this would be appreciated.
> >>
> >     I closed the tab without noting the Reference #, so I can't comment,
> > but yes, it did deny access.  My relay is MYCROFTsOtherChild, and it and
> > are in Illinois.
> >

> Same situation here.
> I have an IP-adres with a non-exit relay, the IP seems blocked, from
> Amsterdam, NL.
> nhs.uk works fine from another IP that I have and from mobile.
>
> Pepijn
>

> >                                  Scott Bennett, Comm. ASMELG, CFIAG
> > * Internet:   bennett at sdf.org   *or*   bennett at freeshell.org   *

*Dr Chris Whittleston 栗主*