[tor-relays] NSA knew about Heartbleed

Julien ROBIN julien.robin28 at free.fr
Sat Apr 12 10:08:06 UTC 2014

It was sooooooooo much previsible :)

Few days ago the bug was published, few years ago it was already there, and this kind of stuff totally matches with NSA's - and other state security agencies's - full-time work.

So in fact there is no more usefull precipitation since Apr 7, but there is also No Way they haven't already found our keys, for a long time already.

May be after most part of the network have been updated (and most of the keys changed ?) it would be usefull to "kick out" of the network every compromised relays ?

As I'm better in understanding/avoiding bad habbits, than in using hacking techniques, I'm unable to know if computers that are hosting Tor Relays could have been entirely compromised : without anymore knowledge I decided to completely reinstall them. Do you think this is usefull ?

We cannot deny that this kind of "well-kept secrets" aren't usefull for the world in some conditions (I'm thinking about terrorist threats), but as for lot of similar subject, how many crap things have been done by these these "all powerful governments" by playing with such a security flaw...

So I'm curious about what will happen now that we (are may be thinking that we) remove that opportunity they had in their hands.

At my side, waiting for what will happen now, I have completely erased and reinstalled my servers starting from 0, new passwords... let's hope that attention I have for avoiding bad habbits on my personnal computer are enough - for me and for others Tor relays Operators !

Best regards
Julien ROBIN