[tor-relays] Strange Problem Browsing Blocked Websites‏

Ferdi GULER ferdiguler at outlook.com
Wed Apr 9 19:21:48 UTC 2014

Hello All,
Today I have installed tor on my raspberry pi and also set it up as a relay. I can monitor tor traffic using arm so it means it is working. My SocksPort configuration is  9050, 192.168.1.187:9050 where 192.168.1.187 is internal ip of my raspberry pi.In order to anonymize my browsing traffic on my main windows PC, I configured Firefox to use my raspberry pi as proxy on port 9050. When I visit the page https://check.torproject.org/, it says my configuration is successful and I see different ip address. From that point I assume everything should work properly but if I try to browse web sites that are blocked in my country such as youtube it just does not connect. However if I use VPN I can see those blocked web sites.
So could anyone please tell me what is wrong with my configuration? I'm realy confused...
Thanks in advance!