[tor-relays] Heartbleed: Exchange of keys now or later?

Paul Görgen tor at pgoergen.de
Wed Apr 9 08:35:03 UTC 2014

Hi all,

the discussion during the last days was inconclusive to me: Should
everyone who was using a vulnerable openssl exchange their keys right
now/right after the update, or should we wait for some random amount of
time as to not lose all the guard relays at the same time?

My guard relay went up in traffic by 50-100% since monday and I guess
that is a sign that already now there is a lack of guard relays. Also I
am not sure about the risks, given that probably the number of middle
and exit nodes with safe keys is rising.

~Paul