[tor-relays] "What fraction of the tor network by consensus weight are the openssl-vulnerable relays?"

Kostas Jakeliunas kostas at jakeliunas.com
Wed Apr 9 00:49:39 UTC 2014

Making a separate thread so as not to pollute the challenger[1] one.

Roger: you wanted to know (times are UTC if anyone cares),

[22:08:35] [...] we now have a list of 1000 fingerprints, and we could
> pretend those are in the challenge and use our graphing/etc plans on them
> [22:08:45] they happen to be the relays vulnerable to our openssl bug
> [22:11:43] "what fraction of the tor network by consensus weight are they?"
> [22:11:49] "over time"

Given them[2], the challenger (with minimal changes to fix downloader and
to make Onionoo not falter)[4] will spit out the following results:

  -
http://ravinesmp.com/volatile/challenger-stuff/vuln1024-combined-bandwidth.json
  -
http://ravinesmp.com/volatile/challenger-stuff/vuln1024-combined-weights.json
  -
http://ravinesmp.com/volatile/challenger-stuff/vuln1024-combined-clients.json[uh
oh, this one's empty. Why is it empty? Didn't look into it.]
  -
http://ravinesmp.com/volatile/challenger-stuff/vuln1024-combined-uptime.json

The 'combined-weights.json' is probably the one you might be after. But
that's all I did for now.

You also said that these aren't all the vulnerable relays that there are
out there. You linked to a more complete list[3], but it has some typos,
etc. I haven't done anything with it, maybe someone will take over, or I
will do something later on.

[1]:
https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-relays/2014-April/004214.html
[2]: http://ravinesmp.com/volatile/challenger-stuff/vuln_fingerprints.txt