[tor-relays] Metrics for assessing EFF's Tor relay challenge?

Karsten Loesing karsten at torproject.org
Mon Apr 7 08:43:55 UTC 2014

On 06/04/14 21:29, Christian wrote:
> On 04.04.2014 19:13, Karsten Loesing wrote:
>> Christian, Lukas, everyone,
>>
>> I learned today that we should have something working in a week or two.
>>  That's why I started hacking on this today and produced some code:
>>
>> https://github.com/kloesing/challenger
>>
>> Here are a few things I could use help with:
>>
>>  - Anybody want to help turning this script into a web app, possibly
>> using Flask?  See the first next step in README.md.
>>
>>  - Lukas, you announced OnionPy on tor-dev@ the other day.  Want to look
>> into the "Add local cache for ..." bullet points under "Next steps"?  Is
>> this something OnionPy could support?  Want to write the glue code?
>>
>>  - Christian, want to help write the graphing code that visualizes the
>> `combined-*.json` files produced by that tool?  The README.md suggests a
>> few possible graphs.
>>

> Sure,
> should I create a new repo for the website with graphing code or work
> directly in the kloesing/challenger repository?

My hope is that we can turn my script into a Flask web app which serves
JSON data which is then graphed by your JavaScript that is embedded into
the HTML.  So it probably makes sense to have everything in a single
repository.  I'd say feel free to clone kloesing/challenger and send me
pull requests.  And feel free to create new directories as needed, we
can still move around things later.

All the best,
Karsten