[tor-relays] Relay security, re: local network

Joe yesman at riseup.net
Thu Sep 26 11:08:13 UTC 2013

I'll have to reconsider, then. I assume middle relays see less traffic
than exits? I also keep reading exits are desperately needed and i do
have bandwidth to spare for an exit, about 10 mbit. I would also be
running the exit through a VPN, so my own IP would not be published, and
GUFW would block all outgoing traffic to LAN from the computer running
the exit. All other ports would be blocked as well, and since it's
routed through a VPN, i wouldn't even need to open any ports in my own
hardware firewall, but at the VPN provider's end instead. I do have
permission from the provider to run an exit.

Still, i'm now hesitant. Thanks for the replies.