[tor-relays] Future versions and Vidalia?

J.C. jc80 at riseup.net
Mon Sep 23 09:54:34 UTC 2013

Are all future versions of Tor Browser Bundle going to have Vidalia
permanently stripped? I'm running a stable relay on Linux with the TBB
(and thus, Vidalia) instead of installing the Tor packages, and i quite
like it this way. I don't remember what exactly went wrong, but some
months ago i tried to get a relay running by installing and configuring
it with the terminal and failed miserably, even though i was following
instructions to the letter. I could try again but i'm a huge fan of the
"if it's not broken, don't touch it" approach, and my relay works
fantastic right now.

If Vidalia is going to be permanently dropped at some point, is there
any other way to continue running a relay than the terminal? I had a
look at TBBv3 and didn't find a way to enable relaying.