[tor-relays] non-exit risks?

AVee d6relay at d6.nl
Fri Sep 20 15:58:43 UTC 2013

On 2013-09-20 16:17, That Guy wrote:
>> You're probably fine, especially if not running an exit.  You didn't
>> list your home country, though; I'm assuming United States.
>
>> Best,
>> -Gordon M.
>
> While I know you have vastly more knowledge and experience than me and
> often my observations or worries are doe to me mis-understanding
> something but about the comment above,  I have experienced issues
> running a non-exit relay pretty soon after it going up and though I
> have
> no idea if there is a connection, I started to get more trouble after
> the doubling of connections at the end of July.
>
> I was blocked from a number of websites,
>
> Had many of my emails returned because of a flagged IP(the one listed
> was not my ip)
>
> Ended up on a several blacklists within a week of starting my relay,
> SORBS being the most eager to BL you it seems.
>
> a few other small but new issues/quirks that I don't know enough about
> to attribute to anything Tor other than the timing.
>
> anyway, just my .02 btc

Hmmm...
I've been running a relay for 12 days now. Haven't noticed anything
special just yet, apart from being listed in tor.dan.me.uk. But that
list actually intends to list all tor nodes so that's to be expected.
Everything else on http://www.anti-abuse.org/multi-rbl-check/ turns
green.

Well, we'll wait an see if anything happens.

Regards,
AVee