[tor-relays] Tor Relay getting "Failed to terminate process with PID" messages

Michael Gorbach michael at mgorbach.name
Thu Sep 19 15:23:40 UTC 2013

Hi Roger,
	Thanks for your quick responses, I really appreciate it! Yes, thinking about it, this does look like an issue with the port forwarding helper. I’ve filed the following trac issue: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/9781. I don’t have PortForwardingHelper set in the torrc at all (there must be some default).
	Regarding bufferevents, this flag is not actually on by default at all. I turned it on manually in portage, not knowing that it was still in testing (perhaps this can be better noted in the Gentoo ebuid’s use flag description). I’ve just recompiled with the flag off, and the relay is back up and running, still showing those “terminate process” messages.

Yours,
~ M.