[tor-relays] safeguard operators (was: Reimbursement of Exit Operators)

Konrad Neitzel konrad at neitzel.de
Thu Sep 19 06:50:42 UTC 2013

Hi all.

Thank you for the quick replies. I understood, that there is no need to
change the node configuration regarding these points.

Even that I am not in focus right now: I am really thinking about
further steps that I would like to do (And at the moment I think about
ways how I could explain encryption and tor to others).

On Thu, 2013-09-19 at 02:04 -0400, Roger Dingledine wrote:
> But for those here who are wondering about running large exit relays,
> check out
> https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/TorExitGuidelines
> for advice.

The link is interesting but I still do not see the point. Even if there
is a non profit organization created which might have an address at a
lawyer (I come from Germany) it is not really safeguarding the
operators.

The organization must be registered so someone who can see where money
went is always able to check the registration of the organization which
is even public.

So I think that I simply misunderstood the point about safeguarding
operators completely. Of course it would be nice if someone could help
me to understand this point. But you already helped me with my main
concern regarding the node that I started so I happy already. (And maybe
it is still best to further check out Zwiebelfreunde / Torservers.)

Thank you again for your time and explanations!

With kind regards,

Konrad