[tor-relays] Tor Relay getting "Failed to terminate process with PID" messages

Michael Gorbach michael at mgorbach.name
Thu Sep 19 00:20:18 UTC 2013

Nope, I don’t have any special pluggable transports configured in my torrc, which is odd. What other processes would for be starting kicking off? All I have set in torrc is: RunAsDaemon, CookieAuthentication, SocksPort / SocksPolicy, PortForwarding and ExitPolicy (reject *:*), and DisableDebuggingAttachment.

I do have tor compiled by gentoo’s portage package manager, with the for-hardening, bufferedevents, threads, and nat-pmp flags set.

Yours,
~ M.