[tor-relays] Too little traffic on my #2 non-exit relay

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Wed Sep 18 22:43:54 UTC 2013

On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 06:57:54PM +0200, Christian Dietrich wrote:
> Now my problem is that tor relay #2 generates almost no traffic.
>
> https://atlas.torproject.org/#search/000000000000myTOR
>
> Log Relay #2:
> Circuit handshake stats since last time: 63/63 TAP, 1/1 NTor.
> Heartbeat: Tor's uptime is 7 days 6:00 hours, with 4 circuits open.
> I've sent 1.58 GB and received 844.66 MB.

I spent a while debugging the bwauths, but here's the simpler problem:

% telnet 5.104.107.47 443
> Trying 5.104.107.47...

I (and thus moria1, and thus moria1's bwauth) can't reach your relay.

You can see the various votes in
http://freehaven.net/~arma/moria1-v3-status-votes

moria1, dizum, dannenberg, tor26 can't reach it.

Faravahar, gabelmoo, maatuska, urras, turtles can.

So it has just enough Running votes to make it into the consensus,
but maatuska is the only bwauth that can reach it.

Routing / firewalling / something else problem?

--Roger