[tor-relays] Reimbursement of Exit Operators

Rick rerushg at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 17:36:39 UTC 2013

On 09/18/2013 07:31 AM, Tom Ritter wrote:

> On Sep 18, 2013 7:11 AM, <tor at t-3.net <mailto:tor at t-3.net>> wrote:
> >
> > I wonder if I am the only one who finds this creepy.......

Nope, I don't think so. Perhaps it's the timing. In this post-Snowden
period most everything is a little bit creepy. There's plenty of FUD to
go around. A position paper from Torproject on this and other recent
issues would be handy about now.
I'm an independent exit pushing about 2GB/day so I don't see a
compensation opportunity. Anyway, I don't want to give up my amateur
status. :) Still, for big guys who do have financial considerations and
are probably better positioned to handle risk this could make sense.
I'm sure Torproject would love to have a few thousand more folks like
me, but that's a marketing issue that probably spins around getting Tor
greater visibility in the mainstream net.

Rick