[tor-relays] Reimbursement of Exit Operators

Tom Ritter tom at ritter.vg
Wed Sep 18 13:07:25 UTC 2013

Sure, right now.  But he said:

On 17 September 2013 14:27, Moritz Bartl <moritz at torservers.net> wrote:
> The Wau Holland Foundation agreed to be one of the organizations willing
> to handle the money and pass it on to other entities, be it single
> operators or organizations. Both Torproject and Wau Holland Foundation
> checked with their lawyers to see if this turns into a problem about
> liability, and it looks like it does not. We're open for more
> organizations to join in to manage the reimbursement process, but this
> is what we've got for now.

So from my perspective, if, say, the Bitcoin Foundation came forward
and said "Our lawyers are cool with reimbursing anonymous people via
Bitcoin, and we're cool shouldering the accounting/taxation burden." -
then it might happen.  But ultimately there is accounting, taxation,
and legal liability that must be shouldered by someone.  So far only
Wau Holland has stepped up.  But it's not to say someone couldn't.

-tom