[tor-relays] Relay

Moritz Bartl moritz at torservers.net
Sun Sep 15 00:14:50 UTC 2013

On 09/15/2013 12:09 AM, Jonathan W wrote:
> Thank you, I have installed ARM.. It it nice.  So if I gather the above
> correctly, rate limiting 430 KB will insure that the totals of the TX
> and RX should not exceed 500GB in 2 weeks?  Thank you all for your help
> again.

Accounting is done per direction, so setting AccountingMax to 500 GB
will make it not exceed 1000 GB in total (RX+TX). Limiting BandwidthRate
will additionally make sure that your relay is up at least two weeks,
after that it will go into hibernation. Add all three lines to your torrc:

BandwidthRate 430 KB
AccountingMax 500 GB
AccountingStart month 15 0:00

--