[tor-relays] Tor node was doing more traffic than its bandwidthis configured for

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Sun Sep 8 18:45:56 UTC 2013

On Sun, Sep 08, 2013 at 04:00:08PM +0600, Roman Mamedov wrote:
> MB (capital B) = Megabyte https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megabyte
>
> Mb (small b) = Megabit https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megabit
>
> But torrc does not support specifying rate limits in megabits anyway.

In 0.2.5 (aka git master branch) it does.

Specifically, you can say kbits (or kilobits), or mbits or megabits,
or gbits or gigabits, or tbits or terabits.

I also recommend writing "40MB" as "40MBytes" so you know what you're
saying. All the config files (and man page entries) should be changed
over now (in 0.2.5) -- let me know if I missed any.

--Roger