[tor-relays] RaspPi with -enable-ec_nistp_64_gcc_128

Zack Weinberg zackw at cmu.edu
Fri Sep 6 13:25:33 UTC 2013

On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 9:12 AM, Martin Weinelt <tor at linuxlounge.net> wrote:
> On 06.09.2013 13:36, Harold Naparst wrote:
>> /ecp_nistp224.c:43:3: error: unknown type name ?__uint128_t?
>
> I'm not sure ARMv6 has the possibility to typedef a __uint128_t, which
> would make compiling your openssl with --enable-ec_nistp_64_gcc_128
> impossible.

There are three equally plausible scenarios: Your compiler doesn't
support 128-bit unsigned integers; your compiler does support them,
but OpenSSL is being compiled with the wrong command-line options, so
they're disabled; or the actual source code is making assumptions
about _how to get at the 128-bit unsigned integer type_ which are
incorrect.

I don't know which scenario you're in, but I can help you find out.
Look through the compilation logs for openssl and find out the exact
set of command-line options given to gcc to compile ecp_nistp224.c.
Then, using the same set of options, except replacing -c with -S and
removing '-o whatever.o' if present, compile this test program:

typedef unsigned int __attribute__((mode(TI))) uint128_t;
const __SIZE_TYPE__ n = sizeof(uint128_t);

If this fails to compile, post the command line and the *unedited*
error messages.  If it compiles successfully, post the command line
and the *unedited* .s file.

zw