[tor-relays] [ARM] Connecting to another host's control port with ARM: Connection refused.

Robert Charlton rectec at mail.com
Fri Sep 6 04:01:20 UTC 2013

Hello, Tor community. Quick, possibly noobish question. I'd like to use
my desktop and connect ARM (running on the desktop) to the control port
of a server running Tor on the same LAN, but it's refusing the
connection. I'm running /sudo -u tor arm -i 10.0.0.3:9051/, and it outputs:

robert at CPC-Arch:~$ sudo -u tor arm -i 10.0.0.3:9051
[sudo] password for robert:
Connection refused. Is the ControlPort enabled?

I can connect to the control port from the same host fine, but when I
try to do it from another host it fails. There must be something I'm
missing. Hope you guys can help me. Thanks.

-Robert