[tor-relays] node list or moral discussion forum

Andreas Krey a.krey at gmx.de
Mon Sep 2 19:51:45 UTC 2013

On Mon, 02 Sep 2013 21:39:35 +0000, Yoriz wrote:
> That Guy wrote:
> > to remove this soap opera from a technical mailing list.
>

> "Soap opera"? Apparently you are missing the point.

The soap opera was the part where someone tried to filter tor traffic
on moral grounds which is obviously not feasible.

> Obviously malware writers will use Tor for various purposes, but connecting to a C&C via Tor would not make sense since they have the largest anonymising botnet themselves.

It would still be the question what the botnet is for - anonymization
isn't usually the goal. Using a hidden service for C&C access gets you
around all the stuff with fastflux deployment.

Which in turn makes me wonder: How much code change and deployment
would it take to take down (as in 'make inaccessible via the tor
network') a given hidden service?

Andreas

--
"Totally trivial. Famous last words."