[tor-relays] Filtering TOR Non-exit Relay - Just Curious

Mr. Nelson Laurenti nelson at net2wireless.net
Sun Oct 27 23:10:27 UTC 2013

I didn't say I knew the type of traffic on my relay, that would be an entirely new set of problems; I said I can see the IP addresses coming in and going out, and the ports used. I would venture to ask this is not how Tor is intended to work? If this is a possible bug in Tor, i dunno, then one could perhaps surmise that an organization with enough capital can build a network flow chart of the majority of the traffic with middle and exit nodes at their disposal?

I was curious why my firewall isn't capable of detecting ip's to and from my relay, unless I am looking at the wrong traffic logs, but yet I can see the ip's in peerblock, and this is not what i expected when reading about Tor. If Tor middle nodes are exposing ip addresses that are coming in and out of a relay, and this is not supposed to work like this by design, then oops.