[tor-relays] Traceroute measurement from Tor relays

Nikita Borisov nikita at illinois.edu
Sun Oct 27 22:28:02 UTC 2013

On 27 Oct 2013 21:23, "Gordon Morehouse" <gordon at morehouse.me> wrote:

> 1. Is the traffic to go *through* tor, or just clearnet off the
> machine running the relay?

Traffic is sent directly, not through Tor.

> 2. Is this only applicable to exit relays?  That's not clear at all,
> whether results from non-exit relay boxes (or bridges) are useful or
> wanted.

That's a great question. A relay that can act as a guard is also
immediately useful to us. Bridges aren't directly addressed by our
research; I'm sure we could find some use for measurements from bridges in
the future, but right now, guards and exits are what we need.

Thanks!
- Nikita