[tor-relays] minimum useful ram

Joshua Datko jbdatko at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 04:55:15 UTC 2013

I would recommend the BeagleBone Black.  It's only $10 more than the Pi and
it runs actual Debian and the tor development debs work out of the box.
 It's also has a 1GHz processor and 512MB RAM.  My uptime is 45 days right
now.

My bandwidth settings (below) allows for an always-on relay that doesn't
detract from my home network.  Gordon is doing some great work getting the
Pi setup, but the BBB has basically worked out of the box for me.  (I'm
limited to 5Mbps upload).

Josh

MaxAdvertisedBandwidth 200 KB
RelayBandwidthRate 520 KB