[tor-relays] minimum useful ram

I beatthebastards at inbox.com
Thu Oct 24 04:20:03 UTC 2013

Gordon,

Thanks.
>> To see if it was possible just now I set up an obfsproxy bridge as
>> best I could but it failed to download properly.

I reinstalled Ubuntu 11.10 64 and free -m brought this..
Mem:           256         38        217          0          0         26
-/+ buffers/cache:         12        243
Swap:            0          0          0

Again following the instructions https://www.torproject.org/docs/debian.html.en#development
apt-get install tor deb.torproject.org-keyring
brought this...

Get:1 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ oneiric/main libevent-2.0-5 amd64 2.0.12-stable-1 [132 kB]
Err http://deb.torproject.org/torproject.org/ experimental-oneiric/main tor amd64 0.2.4.17-rc-1~oneiric+1
  404  Not Found [IP: 82.195.75.101 80]
Get:2 http://deb.torproject.org/torproject.org/ oneiric/main deb.torproject.org-keyring all 2012.08.29 [4138 B]
Err http://deb.torproject.org/torproject.org/ experimental-oneiric/main tor-geoipdb all 0.2.4.17-rc-1~oneiric+1
  404  Not Found [IP: 82.195.75.101 80]
Get:3 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ oneiric/universe torsocks amd64 1.1-4 [69.7 kB]
Fetched 206 kB in 0s (290 kB/s)
Failed to fetch http://deb.torproject.org/torproject.org/pool/main/t/tor/tor_0.2.4.17-rc-1~oneiric+1_amd64.deb  404  Not Found [IP: 82.195.75.101 80]
Failed to fetch http://deb.torproject.org/torproject.org/pool/main/t/tor/tor-geoipdb_0.2.4.17-rc-1~oneiric+1_all.deb  404  Not Found [IP: 82.195.75.101 80]
E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with --fix-missing?

I am a Linux newboy so any help is welcome, Gordon.

Of the Tor Cloud project using Amazon's free year I have only had a $3 charge for one of three in six months. The versions of Obfsproxy are set not to break Amazon's free limit, as I understood Tor to say.
If there are $12USD a year servers available can't a package be set-up to utilise them.
I'm burrowing through the Linux lingo as well as I can but it's a real test of mettle!

Have you looked at the Cubie 2 board?
To seek finance to distribute a devoted board with the best balance of components and cost would lead to more Tor network I reckon.

Robert