[tor-relays] Relay behind VPN router

Viktor Haaksman viktorhaaksman at gmail.com
Sun Oct 20 11:27:20 UTC 2013

Hi Jochen,

Ah, I understand. I believe services like AirVPN allow clients to forward
traffic to them on certain ports. For example, if you configure the
VPN-provider to forward all the incoming traffic on port 9001 to your
router as the client, you are able to run a relay from behind your router
(you still have to forward the traffic from your router to the relay in
your home network). This topic
<https://airvpn.org/topic/9967-torport-forwarding/>suggests this is a
working configuration.

I don't know if privateinternetaccess.com allows clients to forward ports,
though.

Regards,

Viktor