[tor-relays] Relay behind VPN router

Jochen jf at fahrner.name
Sun Oct 20 11:11:02 UTC 2013

Hi Viktor,

Am 20.10.2013 12:47, schrieb Viktor Haaksman:
> I believe that your bandwidth is limited by your ISP through which you
> connect to the internet with your ADSL-line. Therefore, running Tor over
> a VPN-connection will not increase the bandwidth of your relay, only
> obfuscate your IP address. Correct me if I am wrong.

you misunderstood. The question was, why I use VPN and not TOR. TOR is
too slow for some applications. Try watching a youtube video through
tor, this is often stuttering.

Another reason why I prefer vpn: only apps capable of socks5 can use
TOR. With a vpn client on my router I can anonymize ALL traffic, even
those of tablets, smartphones, smart tv, game consoles etc.

--
Mit besten Grüßen
Jochen Fahrner