[tor-relays] Relay behind VPN router

Jochen jf at fahrner.name
Sun Oct 20 06:40:12 UTC 2013

I have a TOR relay behind a Tomato router on an ADSL line. I activated
the vpn client to route all traffic through privateinternetaccess.com.

Because a TOR relay does not work behind NAT without port forwarding,
I'm looking for a way how to route tor traffic directly to my internet
provider. I can add static routes, but I don't now the IPs in advance.
Maybe there is no problem to route outgoing traffic through the vpn
tunnel, but how can I make my relay publish my WAN IP instead of the
tunnel IP? My WAN IP is changing every day, so I cannot configure it as
static.

--
Mit besten Grüßen
Jochen Fahrner