[tor-relays] relays "in the cloud"

Jonathan D. Proulx jon at csail.mit.edu
Wed Oct 2 12:34:05 UTC 2013

On Tue, Oct 01, 2013 at 04:35:15PM -0700, Andy Isaacson wrote:

:In summary, it seems likely that IaaS is pwned wholesale.  Colo hardware
:is somewhat more expensive to attack and possibly succeeds in raising
:the bar from "software" to "attacker has to roll a truck to pwn me",
:which is my current recommendation for threat modeling.

I'll grant all that, but what does it get an attacker over traffic
analysis in and out of that data center which is already easy in
software?

Again assuming the node is just a relay and not generating any traffic
of its own that should be anonymised.

-Jon