[tor-relays] hardware accelerated crypto

Joshua Datko jbdatko at gmail.com
Tue Oct 1 22:44:56 UTC 2013

I was looking into this for the BeagleBone black [1], which has
on-chip accelerators for AES, SHA (1 I think), and md5.  The TI
processor also has a HWRNG.  My belief was that by using the cryptodev
kernel module [2] I could get this working, but I ran in some issues
building the kernel and then I was caught up in other things.

I'm not sure if my approach was flawed or what, but maybe it helps someone here.

Josh

[1] http://datko.net/2013/09/22/quest_bbb_crypto/
[2] http://cryptodev-linux.org/