[tor-relays] Warnings in log

Konrad Neitzel konrad at neitzel.de
Tue Oct 1 18:42:51 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I am running a tor node (idkneitzel) on a linux server (using opensuse
12.3).

Today I saw:
Oct 01 14:20:34.000 [warn] Failing because we have 8163 connections
already. Please raise your ulimit -n.

So I modified the /etc/security/limits.conf and added:
*               soft    nofile          65000
*               soft    nofile          65535
and rebooted the system but now I got that warning again. Did I
missunderstood the warning and should I add other entries, too?

And now I also got the following warning:
Oct 01 18:25:19.000 [warn] Cannot get strong entropy: no entropy source
found.

Now I am unsure, what I should do regarding this point. (After a
restart, this message seems to no longer occur but I am still curious
what is going on here).

Thank you in advance for your help.

With kind regards,

Konrad