[tor-relays] Tor relay in Russia

Anonymous anonymous12 at privatdemail.net
Fri Nov 15 21:56:06 UTC 2013

On 15.11.2013 23:48, jj tor wrote:
> Ummm, I'm afraid I have no idea how set up a relay in China.
>
> After checking  the public list of tor relays, I haven't found any relay
> there. So, is it even possible to run an exit relay in China??
>

> 2013/11/15 Roman Mamedov <rm at romanrm.net>
>
>> On Fri, 15 Nov 2013 10:40:16 +0100
>> jj tor <jjproyects at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi, list readers,
>>>
>>> Someone has experience with russian tor relays?
>>>
>>> Do you know of any legal problem for an exit relay ?
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> A significant number of websites is blocked in Russia:
>>
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_Internet_blacklist
>>
>> Most Russian exit relays are technically BadExits. So better just don't.
>> Makes
>> about as much sense as running and exit node in China.
>>
>> --
>> With respect,
>> Roman

It might be, but you will need to check what ports are allowed by the
China's Big Firewall, but you should be able to do that, but it whould
became an bad-exit 'cuz of the sites that are blocked.

I don't really think that it's good idea.

--
Best Regars,
Anonymous - Supporter of Free Speech.

GPG: 0x78612223