[tor-relays] Exit nodes on a Gandi VPS

Eric van der Vlist vdv at dyomedea.com
Fri Nov 15 15:17:45 UTC 2013

Hi list,

I am a (happy) Gandi customer and I'd like to support the Tor project by
setting up an exit node on one of their VPS
(https://www.gandi.net/hosting/iaas).

As mentioned on the list of Good/bad ISPs,
(https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/GoodBadISPs Gandi
does accept Tor exit nodes. I have contacted their technical support who
said they did support the Tor project but wouldn't ne able to do
specific ARIN declarations and that it would be my responsibility to be
reactive to abuse complaints.

Despite this perspective (and Julien Robin's bad experience) I am still
willing to give it a try.

Gandi have data centers in Paris (France), Luxembourg and Baltimore (US)
that I can use with the same cost and efforts and I am wondering which
of these locations would be more useful for the community.

Thanks for your advises!

Eric