[tor-relays] Bad idea to switch from a relay to a bridge?

Nick tor-relays at njw.me.uk
Thu Nov 14 14:01:01 UTC 2013

Hi,

I've been running a very low bandwidth relay for a little while with
my home ADSL connection, but given the up speed is so poor, and
(more importantly) my ADSL provider has stopped switching my IP
about every 24 hours, I'd like to switch to be a bridge.

However, I'm wondering whether the fact that my IP is already known
as a relay means that it wouldn't be useful? That is, if the people
bridges try to foil are likely to just blacklist any relays they see
by default (it wasn't an exit or guard).

Thanks for any advice,

Nick