[tor-relays] Setting UP an Tor exit node with resrictions

Martin Kepplinger martink at posteo.de
Thu Nov 14 11:21:14 UTC 2013

Anonymous:
> 11.11.2013 20:55, Anonymous kirjoitti:
>
>>> See the Reduced Exit Policy page referred to at
>>> https://blog.torproject.org/blog/tips-running-exit-node-minimal-harassment

>>> You could do such a thing but it makes the network much less
>>> efficient because clients would have to build circuits several
>>> times, and it also would get your node listed as a BadExit.
>>> https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/badRelays
>
>>> If you do it as recommended with the ExitPolicy, the user will
>>> never exit via your node, and therefore will not need to see a
>>> "censored notice" page.

>>> See above link.
>

>> Thanks for this. It helped me a lot.
>

> If you are going to use your home connection (Differend IP, but the IP
> traces back to you still.) to host the Exit. What's the best bet for
> not being able to trace it back to you? (Using Finland ISP.)

I'd say if you want to run an exit node you shouldn't try to hide. You
should own a public IP and run it under your name and state that it is
an exit node at as many levels as possible (whois, website on some ports
(there is a template somewhere).

In my opinion this is the only way (along with other preparations) to
comfortably run an exit node. See
https://blog.torproject.org/running-exit-node