[tor-relays] Checking a bridge

andrew at torproject.is andrew at torproject.is
Wed Nov 13 12:12:35 UTC 2013

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 08:37:36AM +0000, martink at posteo.de wrote 0.4K bytes in 0 lines about:
: When my bridge uses only the same few MBs each day, i guess it isn't
: used at all right?

Bridges are randomly assigned into one of 5 pools to be given out to
clients. The pools are served over https, smtps, instant messaging,
human to human social networks, or put in reserve. The bridge operator
cannot find out to which pool you belong. Typically, the bridges in the
https and smtps pools see usage right away.

As an example, I ran a bridge for years passing minimal traffic. I gave
out my bridge IP and fingerprint to a few activists at a conference and
it seems their entire country used it for the next year.

An easy way to test "is my bridge working?" is to use it yourself.

--
Andrew
http://tpo.is/contact