[tor-relays] Relay-Bandwith

Oliver Schönefeld oliver.schoenefeld at me.com
Sat Nov 9 18:59:45 UTC 2013

hey folks

i'm having some issues with my bandwidth...
my ISP is offering 50 Mbps downstream 10 Mbps up, so i thought i'd share 20 Mbps max and 15 Mbps avg (respectively 2560 KBps max and 1920 KBps avg) in a inner tor-relay.
so i put the latter vaues in the bandwith-limits tab of the sharing options in vidalia with the download speed set to custom.
However the tor metrics indicate an advertised bandwith of 317,44 KBps and the worldmap of vidalia even shows just 20 KBps :(

So my question is now:
Can this be improved and if so, what should i do about it?
Or is this maybe because the relay isn't even up 24 hrs and the bandwith will level in somehow later?

thx 4 any advice in advance,
1v3ry