[tor-relays] Traffic in port 9050 in a relay (denial of service attack?)

Thomas Hand th6045 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 17:09:05 UTC 2013

I agree with mick that dropping packets is more secure, though probably bad
practice. If everyone did this then, yes, the network would suffer on
average but when securing a vital server, e.g a tor node, i think it is
acceptable.
It really doesnt make it any harder to troubleshoot since any services
running can still respond on those ports you specify. You can always play
with ACK and FIN scans as well if you drop SYNs. I usually drop everything
except 113 IDENT which i reject.

Tom