[tor-relays] max TCP interruption before Tor circuit teardown?

Gordon Morehouse gordon at morehouse.me
Sun Nov 3 17:41:56 UTC 2013

Dan Staples:
> I am also running on a Pi Model B, 512MB RAM. How are you logging
> SYNs?

Ah yes, that's right.

You will find all the magic (very pre-alpha at the moment - it's
iptables commands in /etc/rc.local) in contrib/90_slowboards as part
of Cipollini:

https://github.com/gordon-morehouse/cipollini/tree/master/contrib/90_slowboards

I wouldn't bother with fail2ban right now, I've turned it off pending
some other experiments with total connection limits on the Pi.  I have
an open story to investigate making it work, right now it's just too
slow on the Pi:

https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/59590860

So, try the iptables rules, change the ports to your ORPort (and
DirPort if any).  You'll note that there's a LOG target in there - for
me it appears in kern.log.

Best,
- -Gordon M.

********** *END ENCRYPTED or SIGNED PART* **********