[tor-relays] Amazon abuse report

Lunar lunar at torproject.org
Sat Nov 2 09:53:10 UTC 2013

Paritesh Boyeyoko:
> > On the other hand, i had a reduced exit policy and still got DMCA
> > complaints just for the .torrent file being downloaded via HTTP through
> > my exit.
>
> Let me run a couple ideas past you:
>
> 1.  Configure Squid as a forward proxy with Squidguard and configure Squidguard
> to reject any URL with "announce" in it.  Use IPTables to transparently
> redirect anything destined for ports 80, 2710 and other well known tracker
> ports to Squid.

Big no-no. Once an exit relay has accepted traffic (through it's exit
policy), it has to carry on with the connection, untampered. Otherwise,
this is BadExit.

Also, having Squid looking at the *content* of the connections is likely
to mean that you now become legally responsible for everything that you
let go through in several jurisdictions I know. Pretty bad idea.

--
Lunar                                             <lunar at torproject.org>