[tor-relays] Amazon abuse report

Paritesh Boyeyoko parity.boy at gmail.com
Sat Nov 2 00:15:32 UTC 2013

On Friday 01 Nov 2013 11:22:19 Nelson wrote:
> Please excuse my ignorance operating Tor relays, but if I run an exit
> node on Windows 7 and use something like Peerblock and correspoding
> block lists of P2P sites, wouldn't this be somewhat effective in
> stopping this sort of undesired traffic on Tor?

In return, please excuse my ignorance regarding Windows software. :) I've
heard of Peerblock, but have never used it.  However, if it does what it says
on the tin, then yes it will help by blocking the IPs of well-known trackers,
thereby denying the peer list from BitTorrent clients.

However, I'm not sure this will be particularly effective against DHT (the
mainstay of TPB content these days); unless you have all the addresses of the
DHT jump-off points (a client has to start *somewhere* to get DHT addresses).
--
Parity
parity.boy at gmail.com