[tor-relays] Is TOR using more than just OrPort and DirPort?

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Mon May 13 05:10:05 UTC 2013

On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 05:53:51AM +0200, Andreas Krey wrote:
> On Sun, 12 May 2013 17:08:20 +0000, Daniel Wu wrote:
> > Is there any way to configure which range of ports Tor uses for outgoing
> > relay traffic?
>
> Doesn't look like. I didn't find a config option for that.

Correct, I also believe there is not a config option for this.

If somebody came up with a clean simple patch, I bet we'd take it.
But that said, I bet the patch won't be clean or simple, especially when
trying to be cross-platform.

My advice would be to either run the QoS rules on the computer that's
running the Tor relay, since iptables knows the process owner and can
group that way:
https://gitweb.torproject.org/tor.git/blob/HEAD:/contrib/linux-tor-prio.sh
or if you can't do that, add a second IP address to the machine running
the Tor relay, and use OutboundBindAddress to tell Tor to use it.

--Roger