[tor-relays] "Localized" TOR exit notices?

Moritz Bartl moritz at torservers.net
Mon May 6 23:25:01 UTC 2013

On 06.05.2013 23:41, Conrad Hoffmann wrote:
> I recently decided I should run a TOR exit node.

Great! Welcome on board! I hope you have read
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/TorExitGuidelines

> One thing I noticed is that the TOR exit notice [1] contains a
> US-specific section (it even says so in the comments). Is there a
> resource anywhere as to how this paragraph might look in other countries?

I am not aware of any place that collects such notices. I agree that
this would be a nice thing to have. I still do believe that a bit
customized versions work even better.

> I am located in Germany for example, and I suppose a short mention of
> the TMG [2], specifically § 8 and § 15 would be suitable replacement for
> the above mentioned paragraph.

Yes, indeed. You should still mention the US paragraphs, just because
many users are more familiar with US law.

As an example on how it could look like for a German organization, see
https://www.torservers.net/abuse.html .

> I guess that even if not in the git repo, at least a collection in the
> wiki might be a neat idea? Or did I just not find it?

Go go go! :)

--
Moritz Bartl
https://www.torservers.net/